I call it DR. CC. It’s a mnemonic device that I use to remind me to stay focused on the things that I feel like I can control in this fast paced life.
- D stands for Dependable.
- R stands for Reliability.
- C, the first C stands for Consistency.
- C, the last C — stands for see things to Completion.
- To be dependable and reliable are one in the same. In terms of how I place it in a sentence as a use to reflect upon daily duties and tasks to complete, I think of the following… Be as dependable and reliable as a Toyota Camry. We can all agree, the only thing that most Camry’s need are gas, an occasional oil change, and maintenance.
- Never get to up or down. Remain consistent in your daily tasks, and strive for daily outputs that match or exceed the outputs you put forth the day before. As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Last, but not least… Complete the tasks that you’ve started once you’ve begun. This is particularly important in pharmacy, because it reduces error. See things to completion both at work and at home.
Thanks for taking the time to review this message. And maybe you’ll remember the mnemonic DR. CC! Hopefully it can help you create small improvements in your work and personal life that can help you improve your daily outputs and maximize your potential.