You will have a seventy question final exam Tuesday July 31, 2018.
Please review Session 1’s Final Exam to get an idea of what to expect — Final Exam — PDF of Exam Administered May 22, 2018 & Lecture May 23, 2018
If you were not in class please review the audio from July 26, 2018 —
The bulk of the final exam will consist of the following topics:
- Top 200
- Pharmacy Law
- Days Supply Calculations
- Compounding Calculations
- Pharmacy Workflow
- Insurance Billing
Questions or concerns feel free to email me. Thanks!
- Quiz PDF: Quiz 5 — July 17, 2018
- Quiz PDF Answers; Quiz 5 Answers — July 17, 2018
- Compounding Lab
- Below are Pics from the WhiteBoard
Labetalol 10mg/ml recipe used, recipe can be found using the following link: http://www.mipedscompounds.org/sites/default/files/standard-formulations/Labetalol.pdf
- Prescriber: Dr. House
- Dose: 50mg BID
- Days Supply: QS to 30 Days
- Pharmacy Dispensing: Sam’s Discount Pharmacy
- RX# 0023 Date Rx Written: 7/12/2018 Date Rx Compounded: 7/18/2018
- Fictional Patient Name: Fred Johnson
- Compounding Standards used was USP 795: http://www.usp.org/compounding/general-chapter-795
- Pharmacist: S. Blakemore
- How many ml’s must be dispensed for 30 day supply? 300ml
- What is the patient’s dose in milliliters? 5ml bid
- Would it be appropriate to dispense a 30 day supply? No, the stability is only 28 days, but to keep compounding simple, we will use a round number and dispense 300ml.
- How many tablets will we need to compound this prescription? 10mg/ml x 5ml = 50mg/dose x 2 doses/day =100mg/day x 30 days = 3000mg. To compound we will use 300mg tablets. 3000mg/300mg/tablet = 10 tablets will be used to compound.
Homework: Review Compounding Log, Review Compounding Recipe, Create a Prescription Label based on Alabama Law
This lecture will be conducted by Janiece, a Certified Pharmacy Technician. There will be no audio recorded for this lecture. The lecture and lab will consist of the following:
- Brief Lecture covering Drug Information: Lecture 8 — April 25, 2018
- Lab: Errors and Omissions — Prescriptions Labeling based on Alabama Law: Alabama Law Regarding Prescription Labeling
In addition please review Lecture 5 and the following content to be prepared for your Quiz.
- Please Review: Errors and Omissions — July 12, 2018
- Please Review: Lecture 6–April 19, 2018
- Please Review Answers: Answers to Lecture 6 & 7 Handout
Quiz: To be Posted Upon Completion
Audio from July 5, 2018 Lecture:
Audio for Session 2 — Lecture 4 — July 5, 2018 will be published next Wednesday July 11, 2018
Please review Quiz 3
After reviewing this Quiz, please review Session 2 — Quiz 1 & Quiz 2 PDF Documents
Please review the links from the previous post Preparation for Quiz 3 and lecture on July 5th 2018
Keep Studying! This session is almost complete!
For questions please feel free to contact me. Have a great weekend!
Page 3 & 4 from Top 200 Handout
Sig Codes & Measurements
Days Supply Calculations
We will continue our discussion on Prescription Processing and Chapter 13 from our notes –> Then we will shift gears into Prescription Benefits
In the meantime, please review the following links:
Please use these quizzes as a way to learn the material. Please hold onto the quizzes and/or come back to the quizzes to continue the process of gaining permanent knowledge.
For your review — thanks!